Sunday, July 20, 2008

Change It!

More often than you may realize, your circumstance is a product of your unwillingness to change it.

One of my favorite examples is of a place where I used to work. After two years, I realized that my fabulous career had become a mundane 9-to-5 job. I was miserable. Then I realized that for years, I had been telling people, “If you don’t like your situation, change it!” It was time to practice what I taught.

After complaining, crying, and some prayer and fasting, I woke up one morning and turned in my resignation. It wasn't an easy decision with all of my family's financial responsibilities. However, I did it with the faith of knowing that God is my "source" and my job is only a "re-source." And to God be the glory, I had a new job within a week at a place that I actually enjoyed. I was back to loving what I did and I loved where I was doing it.

Your first reaction may be, “That’s great for you, but not everybody can do that!” Says who? Fear and faith cannot coexist, so if you are afraid of making a major change, of course it is impossible to do it. But I believe what I am told in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I never recommend trying to change your situation alone. Seek God’s direction as we’re told in Proverbs 3:5 – 6, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Something going on in your life you don’t like? Change it! What are your thoughts? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!