Sunday, July 6, 2008

Do Over!

Have you ever wished you could just start all over again? Just forget about everything and start from scratch? When we were playing games as kids, I remember that when all hope was lost, someone would call, “Do Over!” and we’d start all over again.

Maybe we can still call, “Do Over!” every now and again. The other morning, I woke up really late. I looked at the clock and became upset and jumped out of bed with a foul attitude. Then I decided, why not try a do over? I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep. When the alarm rang the second time, I praised God for waking me up, figured out what I could do to get out of the house quickly, and restarted my day – this time with a better attitude and outlook.

Maybe it’s time to give that story you’re writing a fresh start. Perhaps you can restart a project you’ve been working on. Maybe it’s time for something new in your life.

Jesus gave us the opportunity for the ultimate “do over.” We find that in John 3:3-8, Jesus tells Nicodemus that a man must be born again to reach the kingdom of God. When we are born again, we become new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17) and given the opportunity to live our lives with a fresh, new start.

What area of your life demands a “do over?” Leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!