Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Last Day

If this were your last day on earth, what would you do? Who would you say goodbye to and where would you go? Are there debts you would want to settle? Are there any last words you would want to say? We don’t often think about “the end,” but every now and then, perhaps we should to give ourselves a better perspective of where we are today.

Most of us will not know the time or place of our demise. Yet we do know that one day, we will experience death—it’s a part of life. It’s not something that most of us think about too often, in fact, many of us try our best not to think about it. As a result, we sometimes lose perspective of what this life is really all about. When we live day-to-day, we can sometimes lose sight of eternity.

When Jesus was on earth, He lived life keenly aware of His mortality. He knew that there would come a time when He would die (Matthew 20:17-19). But He did not live in a depressed state, or with the attitude of, “Well, it’s all just going to end, anyway.” Instead, He went about His daily work of ministering to people, healing them, and teaching His disciples, preparing them for ministry after He was gone. When He was eventually crucified, Jesus was able to die knowing that He accomplished His mission on earth—and that He would be resurrected from the grave with eternal power.

I have heard it said that all of us are simply “spiritual beings having a human experience” and that the Bible can be considered an acronym for: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. If we live life with our eternity in perspective, perhaps we would have fewer fears or concerns about “the last day.”

If you are not sure about your eternity, please don’t leave this life, or even this blog today, without praying this prayer:

“Dear Lord, I know that I am a sinner, but I am asking for Your forgiveness. I believe in Your son, Jesus Christ. I believe that He lived a life on earth without sin and that He died on the cross to pay the price for my sins. I believe that He rose from the grave so that I may have eternal life with You. I invite Jesus to come into my life and guide me each day with Your Holy Spirit so that I may live a life that is pleasing to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


If you have said this prayer, then you don’t have to worry about “the last day,” because after that will come the beginning of your eternity!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!