Sunday, July 12, 2009

Invocation

I often talk to people who tell me that they feel like God is telling them to write something, but they have no idea of how to get started. Today’s blog is a simple one. It’s a prayer of invocation that you can say before you start writing—or before you begin any creative project.

You may have heard the term invocation in church. It’s a prayer of request that usually precedes a worship service. In the truest sense, you’re asking God for His blessing over all that will transpire. And you are inviting Him to be actively involved.

The following prayer is something I wrote to help me welcome the presence of God. I hope you find it a blessing, also:

Invocation

Lord,
I really don’t know what You want me to do
So, Father God, I turn it over to You

My Savior, come forth as I decrease
Jesus, use me as You please

Holy Spirit, please be my guide
Ever-present by my side

Feed Your people, Lord, through my work today
Use me, guide me, have Your way

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!